Herbal and Spiritual Retreat 2018
(Fri 3rd Aug - Sun 5th Aug 2018)
Retreat Type: Herbal and Spiritual for Families
Dates: Friday 3rd August to Sunday 5th August 2018 (Optional to come on Thursday 2nd August and Leave 6th August 2018)
Location: Shanti Seminarhaus, Horn Bad Meinberg
People: 80 People (including 20 Children)
Lectures / Seminars Delivered: 5
Workshops Delivered: 14
Other: Retreat and purpose, site tour, meditation, yoga, dhikr: khatam khwajagen, female and male cupping, herbal examinations, visit to externsteine (ancient site), herbal collection from forest, certification and more
Intro to Greco-Islamic Herbal Medicine
Chapter of seeking knowledge from Ihya of Ghazali
One chapter of Zarnuji
Dalail ul Khayraat of Imam Jazuli
Ancient and Modern Herbal Medicine
Polygamy - A Comparative Study
Practical Methodology of Salah
Herbal Medicine & Pulse Reading
An Into to Islamic Theology
Shamail wa Seerah ar-Rasool
How to give Dawah - pt1
The Divinity of Christ - pt1 (Christian Perspective)
Usul ul-Rizq of Imam Sayuti
Who was Shams-e-Tabriz?
Tajweed Session 1
How to give Dawah (practical skills training) - pt2
The Divinity of Christ - pt2 (Muslim perspective)
Jinns and the World of the unseen
Tajweed session 2
*14 workshops in Total were delivered over the 3 days
Retreat Photo Gallery
Retreat Name - Herbal & Spiritual Germany Family Retreat 2018
Location - Seminar House (Countryside), Horn Bad Meinberg, Near Bielefeld, Germany. Built specifically for Family Retreats. Located in a countryside ancient place with over 230 beds. It is traditional Indian culture based, The facility is located between Bremen and Frankfurt. Near Osnabruck and Hanover. They have Outdoor and Indoor Seminar rooms. Food is provided on site. All food is vegetarian and from organic sources. Onsite Activities include but not limited to Yoga, Massage, Swimming, Gym, Sauna (separate for males and females), Silent Garden, Local Forest, Hiking and Nordic Walk, Museum and Nature Reserve, Climbing Park and Bird Viewing.
Date - Fri 3rd Aug 13:30 pm (Friday Prayer) to Sun 5th Aug 17:00 pm. Shaykh and the Group from the UK will arrive at 21:00 on 2nd August and Leave at 09:00 on 6th August. You may join Shaykh on the Coach from UK and additional nights at the accommodation. Please ensure you select the correct option below.
Certification and Isnaad for - Dalail ul-Khayraat (Imam Jazuli) and Ta'alim al-Muta'alim (Imam Zarnuji) At the retreat the recitation of the very famous Book "Dalail ul-Khayraat" by the renowned Sufi Scholar of Morocco, named Imam Jazuli will be recited. Also the Shaykh will be teaching a few chapters from "Ta'alim al-Muta'alim" by Imam Zarnuji. An Islamic Certificate known as Isnaad or Sanad (Chain of narration going back to the author) will be awarded to all attendees linking them back to the two authors. This is a unique, one in a life-time opportunity.
Cost - Is based on 3 options. A deposit of £100 / 100 Euro is payable for reservation by the 28th January 2018 which is also the deadline. An invoice will be sent for remaining payment which will be due by 3rd June 2018. Deposits are non-refundable due to passing the deposit to the facility / coach company.
Option 1A - Retreat Only (£125.00 / approx 145 Euros) per person (Adult)* Retreat Only inclusive of accommodation for 2 nights, Food and Scheduled Seminars / Activities. Food provided includes Evening Meal on the 3rd August and Lunch Meal on the 5th August. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in between provided for. You will need to make your own transport arrangements.
Option 1B - Retreat plus 2 additional nights (£225.00 / approx 255 Euros) per person (Adult)* Includes all items on Option 1 plus 2 additional nights which includes evening meal on 5th August and Breakfast on 6th August.
Option 2 - Retreat + 2 additional nights + Travel from and to UK (£370.00 / approx 420 Euros) per person (Adult) * Included all items on Option 1 and 2 plus coach travel from UK with Shaykh. Coach will leave Dewsbury at 07:00am on 2nd August and Return 21:30 on 6th August 2017. Cost does not include local travel should it be required.
* Cost is based on current rates and may change if there is a increase to external factors such as exchange rates, fuel cost etc.
Passport / Visa - The cost below does not include Visa Service. If you require a Visa please ensure you obtain this before Travelling. If going by road you will require the Schengen Visa and by air visa for Germany. British Passport holders will not require this (updated 31/12/17)
Insurance - Travel insurance is not included in the above and is strongly recommended that it is taken out before travel. Please note organisation of the transport is through a coach company and not organised by Maturidi College.
Additional costs - Anything extra and beyond what is stated above is additional cost this includes but not limited to the additional activities provided by the Facility, Food during Transport, Transport to other destinations around the facility and Other items you purchase on or off the site.
Schedule (Retreat Only) - (Final schedule and Itenary will be given on the day) Below only includes scheduled specific tasks and does not include all items which will be on a daily basis which includes Prayers, Quran Recitation, Mediation, Nasheed / Dhikr Sessions, Student workshops other optional activities as per the facility introduction and yes not to forget the daily children and adult activities (which includes Ibn Sina Got Talent), games, quizzes etc as well as Breakfast, Dinner and Lunch and more.
Friday - Introduction to Retreat and the Facility, Introduction to Greco-Islamic Herbal Medicine, Q&A with Shaykh and visit to local cafe / site seeing and Seminar on Study of Ihya of Imam Ghazali
Saturday - Seminar on Study of Ta'Alim of Imam Zarnuji, Walk though local town and heritage site including climbing park for children and Recitation of Dalail of Imam Jazuli with Ijaza.
Sunday - Ancient and Modern Herbal Medicine Workshop including Remedy Making, Joint Activity session including Archery, Herb Collection at the Local Forests and Certification Ceremony.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Do i have to come for all duration? -No retreat is over weekend
2. Do i have to help?- No the facility is self managed however any help is appreciated.
3. Can i come with Family? - Yes it is available to all ages and subject to availability you may be given a family room.
4. Is it the same cost for Children? - Children under 11 are given upto 50% discount on accommodation and will be calculated on the final payment invoice.
5. Can i make my own way there and stay the additional 2 nights? - Yes please select Option 2.
6. How will payment be made? - Deposit payment is the minimum via Paypal who also accepts card. Final payment will be through transfer for which an invoice will be sent for or you can pay upfront through the link below
7. Is the Retreat open to all? - Yes Muslim and Non Muslim. Male and Females. The facility also has separate facilities for male and females. If under 18 please contact us prior to reservation.
8. What is the total duration by road and is there any pickup points? - We will set off from UK around 7am from Dewsbury and arrival including +1 hour time change is 9pm in Germany, this includes 30 min Euro Tunnel crossing. There will be around 5 service station breaks including one in Midlands (A1 or M1) and one near London (M20 or M25 Service Station). We can also pickup people from these two locations.
9. What is the closest Airport? - If you fly in you can come to Hannover Airport or Paderborn Airport. It is then 1 hour from Hannover or 30 min from Paderborn.
10. Will there be independent time? Yes there will be independent time daily and the option to come to workshops. As well as this you can choose not to come to the scheduled tasks.
11. Can I purchase food locally? Food is included as per the options however should you wish to purchase your own food there is local shops and restaurants for you to do so.
12. Is there discount for 12 to 15 year olds? There may be discount once we confirm all bookings but will not be known until after the 28th Jan. All terms apply as usual.
13. Is Food included in Transort from and to the UK? As per the option no Food not included during Transport and on the evebing of the first day of arrival however we will be making service stops where you can purchase.
14. Is the deposit per person? Yes please. If you have children under 12 there deposit is £50.
For further information please contact as follows:
UK: + 44 7837 834675 (Whats App Preferred before 6pm)
Germany: +49 1742032561